Tuesday, October 30, 2012

saving code browsing history

Hi,

I have been using vim for sometime now but I am completely new to writing vim plugins. I would like to write a plugin that record all the file locations we jump to (with tags or cscope symbols) and save them in a file. So that we can later review the "code browsing session" and be able to conveniently revisit the same tags we browsed.

I know ":tags" can give us the tags stack but I want also to save cscope symbols accessed.

The only way I can think of for doing this is to remap ctrl+], tag <pattern>, cs find g <pattern>, etc to my own functions which will then do two things:
1- jump to the new tag, symbol.
2- record the location, tag, etc

Is there a better way to go about this? Better yet, is there an existing plugin for this? I could not find any. The closest I found are ":tags" for the tag stack, ":history" for the list of commands history, Taglist plugin but this displays all tags in a file, it doesn't record only those visited...

Thanks,
E.S.


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: