Monday, October 29, 2012

Re: surround a visual block with character(s)

On 10/29/12 05:07, Marcin Szamotulski wrote:
> On 23:20 Sun 28 Oct , Gary Johnson wrote:
>> On 2012-10-28, Chris Lott wrote:
>>> blah blah foo foo
>>>
>>> to
>>>
>>> "blah blah foo foo"
>>
>> s"<C-R>1"<Esc>
>
> I like that! With visual area less than one line one has to use the
> - register.

When the change is less than one line, I use this method, except I
just use the scratch register:

s"<c-r>""<esc>

For more than one line, I have to think, because using this method
does weird things depending on your indentation of the block, and
your 'paste' settings. I.e., your contents can end up
stair-stepping across the screen.

-tim


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: