Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Re: Strange issue with Pathogen

On Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:50:28 AM UTC-5, Some Developer wrote:
> I'm having a strange issue with Pathogen. I'm trying to keep my Vim
>
> configuration and plugins organised as I need to use it on several
>
> computers so I decided to create a git repo for it.
>
>
>
> The following is my .vim folder structure:
>
>
>
> autoload
>
> bundle
>
> vimrc_config
>
>
>
> When I symlink ~/.vimrc to ~/.vim/vimrc_config Pathogen does not load
>
> any plugins at all. When I copy ~/.vim/vimrc_config to ~/.vimrc on the
>
> other hand it works perfectly.
>
>
>
> It would be nice if I could fix this issue as that would make it nice
>
> and easy to distribute the full config in the Git repo and I would only
>
> need to maintain one copy of the file. Since I need to copy the file to
>
> make it work if I want to make a change to the file I need to change
>
> both which is highly annoying and is error prone.
>
>
>
> Does anyone have any ideas at all?

I don't have any idea why this would fail. Your method should probably work.

A workaround (which I use, because I use Vim on Windows XP without an easy way to make sym links) is to instead create a VERY simple .vimrc that looks something like this:

source ~/.vim/vimrc_config

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: