Sunday, April 21, 2013

match //[flags] - explanation


I am extending the SyntaxComplete (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3172) plugin (it is included in Vim's runtime).

I have noticed the Perl plugin uses some unusual syntax for the syntax rules.  I was hoping to extend it to handle these types of match statements.

Here is one of it's uses:
perlFiledescStatementNocomma xxx match /(\=\s*\u\w*\s*[^, \t]/me=e-1  contained transparent contains=perlFiledescStatement 

The part I am concerned about is the /me=e-1.

I am trying to understand what it is doing and where I can read up on it in the Vim documentation.

Looking at changes.txt specifically  h :s_flags, it looks like there are the following flags:
[&]
[c]
[e]
[g]
[i]
[I]
[n]
[p]
[#]
[l]
[r]

I don't see the [m] flag and am not sure what the =e-1 does.

Looking at:
*:mat* *:match*
:mat[ch] {group} /{pattern}/

This doesn't show any flags (like /me) can be added to the match command.

Any insight would we welcome.

TIA,
David


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
 
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
 
 

No comments: