Monday, April 8, 2013

Re: erroformat, unknown option

On Friday, April 5, 2013 6:49:43 PM UTC-4, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2013-04-05, FlashBurn wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to create a compiler plugin for my own needs and I'm
>
> > trying to do it the proper way, i.e. by using the compiler
>
> > directory. When I execute
>
> >
>
> > compiler iar
>
> >
>
> > Vim gives me an error:
>
> > Error detected while processing C:\Documents and Settings\user\vimfiles\compiler\iar.vim
>
> >
>
> > line 54:
>
> > E518: Unknown option: %A%p~,%C
>
> >
>
> > Does anybody know what is the issue? To me all those values look correct.
>
> >
>
> > The code is provided below. Any help is appreciated.
>
>
>
> The message says that the error in on line 54. There are not 54
>
> lines in what you provided.
>
>
>
> Nevertheless, the problem is the last line:
>
>
>
> execute 'CompilerSet errorformat = '.myerrorformat
>
>
>
> ":help :CompilerSet" shows that the CompilerSet command is a type of
>
> :set command, and :set commands do not accept spaces on either side
>
> of the =. The following should solve that problem.
>
>
>
> execute 'CompilerSet errorformat='.myerrorformat
>
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Gary

Gary,

You were right. I needed to eliminate the spaces. But then I also needed to to the following

execute 'CompilerSet errorformat='.escape(s:myerrorformat,'",\'), i.e I needed to escape comma, quotation mark, and backslash. I can't quite to figure out why, does anybody have any ideas?

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: