Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Re: netrw copy fails, trouble installing v.147

On 02/04/13 18:23, Charles Campbell wrote:
> Paul wrote:
>> I took a jab at a problem that experienced with netrw 140 for gvim on
>> Windows 7. Within the past year some time, I dabbled in some of the
>> more advanced features netrw, namely copy marked files to a marked
>> target directory. (yes, I've been posting from different gmails
>> depending on whether I'm at work machine). While I can mark the files
>> and the target directory, "mc" doesn't seem to cause the files to be
>> copied. I found this to be the case on two different computers (both
>> Windows 7), one on which I had admin privileges and on which I did the
>> troubleshooting. On that computer, netrw 140 works fine for gvim on
>> Cygwin's Xwin.
>>
> [snip]
>
> I'm not seeing that problem, but the latest netrw insures that
> s:didstarstar exists. Please download a copy from my website:
>
> http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW
>>
>> >From a previous posting on this forum I was advised to try netrw 147,
>> which I un-vimballed into "c:/Program Files (x86)/Vim/vimfiles". No
>> need to set g:vimball_home because the above directory was the first
>> valid directory in runtimepath.
> [snip]
> Hmm, that looks problematic, because it looks like where vim's system
> files appear. I'll have to take a look at vimball and make sure that
> its not unpacking into system directories automatically.
> What does :echo &rtp show?
>> I've been troubleshooting this problem a number of hours, and
>> somewhere in my rummaging about, I recall getting an warning message
>> that netrw 147 required vim 7.3.XXX, where XXX was a decimal number in
>> the 100-199 range.
> [snip]
>
> I confirm: as the message said, the latest netrw requires 7.3.465, which
> is referring to vim's patch level.
>
> Regards,
> C Campbell
>

Dear Dr. Chip:

Vim's system files should be in c:/Program Files (x86)/Vim/vim73/ aka
$VIMRUNTIME -- c:/Program Files (x86)/Vim/vimfiles/ is $VIM/vimfiles/
which is where system-wide Vim "full-fledged script" customizations are
kept.


Best regards,
Tony.
--
JOHN CLEESE PLAYED: SECOND SOLDIER WITH A KEEN INTEREST IN BIRDS, LARGE MAN
WITH DEAD BODY, BLACK KNIGHT, MR NEWT (A VILLAGE
BLACKSMITH INTERESTED IN BURNING WITCHES), A QUITE
EXTRAORDINARILY RUDE FRENCHMAN, TIM THE WIZARD, SIR
LAUNCELOT
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail" PYTHON (MONTY)
PICTURES LTD

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: