Sunday, June 2, 2013

Re: How are you editing HTML?

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 21:31:57 -0500
Tim Chase<vim@tim.thechases.com> wrote:


> In your case, it sounds like your pain-point is inconsistent
> formatting, so my suggestion in the context of that joke would have
> been "work to format consistently."
>
> I know not everybody is as obsessive as I am about things like
> formatting documents, so using a tool like "tidy" can give you a good
> baseline from which to start being consistent--and a good tool for
> bringing inconsistencies back into a standard format.
>
> So feel free to ignore my jesting and just use "tidy" if that works
> for you.

Hi Tim,

Yeah, it *really* frosts my petunias when I need to do a search to
locate where I'm working, so I appreciate your suggestion.

The page eight 2 paragraph article is that Tidy removed all indentation
and made the document quite a bit easier to deal with. As a matter of
fact, I can run its result through a quickie AWK script to add a few
strategic blank lines at it will be quite suitable.

The headline screaming across page 1 is that tidy acts as a lint
utility so I can write decent HTML, even though I'm a very careless
person. This is priceless.

Thank you VERY much!

SteveT

Steve Litt * http://www.troubleshooters.com/
Troubleshooting Training * Human Performance

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: