Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Re: Macvim seems not to be reading my .vimrc

On Jun 18, 2013, at 12:24 PM, Bee <forth@calcentral.com> wrote:

>> It looks like the problem has been addressed,
>> try upgrading to the latest version of session.vim
>>
>> http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3150
>
> Oops... I guess not... !has('gui')
> This is a fix for non-gui vim.
>
> Maybe you can use the MacVim menu
> ….
> Anyone?
> When do 'sessions' (made by session.vim) get sourced?
> I would assume after .vimrc and .gvimrc.

I appreciate your following up on this with me, Bill.

It's not a bug. It's an artifact of the way I've been using 'sessions'---basically reusing the same session over and over. So when the saved session is sourced it sets the font to the value it had when the session was originally save.
So I started macvim without loading the session, recreated the session and saved it. Now the session has the font value set in my .gvimrc.

Hope I remember this next time I change something in my .gvimrc or .vimrc.

Thanks again,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA USA
eeweir@bellsouth.net

"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."

- Chief Seattle

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: