Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Re: ESC key stopped working -- any alternate for menuless vim to get to normal mode?

> On Oct 9, 2013, at 10:20 PM, Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 08/10/13 16:34, Steve Litt wrote:
>> On Tue, 08 Oct 2013 05:54:48 +0200
>> Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>> FWIW, my own Esc key is broken (the electronics are OK but the key
>>> itself has come unstuck then got lost). In programs other than Vim I
>>> actuate it, when needed, with the tail end of a teaspoon.
>>
>> Alternatively, keyboards often are sold at garage sales for three bucks
>> apiece, and a lot of them have the layout and feel you like. I'm pretty
>> sure that for this entire century I've been using used keyboards on my
>> daily driver computer, either old Compaqs, or occasionally, old IBM
>> clickety-clacks.
>
> Never seen a garage sale hereabouts, not to mention a keyboard with a Belgian AZERTY layout ( http://users.skynet.be/antoine.mechelynck/other/keybbe.htm ) offered in one. Are you sure? I use the Esc key (in programs other than Vim) seldom enough that I don't feel the need for it, but if I did I would either buy a new keyboard or go to a second-hand shop.
>

Late to the party here but am I the only one who uses CTRL - [ as an escape "key" 99% of the time? I went weeks with a broken esc key, only changed it when it made pair programming suck.

--Mike H

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

No comments: