Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Re: Inserting string representation of key

On 2014-07-09 06:08, Felix Dietze wrote:
> when I use this mapping:
>
> :inoremap <expr> <Right> 'a<Right>a'
>
> and press <Right> in insert mode, it only inserts 'aa'. This seems
> strange to me, because I'm using a literal string. I want it to
> insert the whole String 'a<Right>a'.
>
> How can I accomplish my expected behavior?

If you want to insert the literal 9 characters, you need to escape
the "<" so it becomes

:inoremap <expr> <right> 'a<lt>right>a'

-tim



--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: