Sunday, November 2, 2014

Re: Strange reaction of gvim to : in a normal mode

On Sun, Nov 02, 2014, Gevisz wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Nov 2014 14:51:24 +0200 Gevisz <gevisz@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I use gvim from xfce4 and sometimes get into a strange
> > situation when pressing : while being in a normal mode
> > leads not to the command line mode but instead highlights
> > the icon "Copy to clipboad".
> >
> > Just now I have noted that in this situation I also cannot
> > see the version of my gvim via the Help menu (but saving via
> > the the "Save current file" icon usually works).
> >
> > The output from the :version command (executed from a newly
> > started gvim) is as follows:
> >
> <skipped>
> >
> > Any ideas how to fix it?
> >
> > And whom to blame? (Except for myself, of course. :)
> > My first guess that something is wrong with xfce4 here.
>
> I cannot describe how to reproduce this behavior but usually
> it appears after the following steps:
>
> 1. I work with gvim and firefox.
> 2. After finishing working with gvim, I turn to firefox,
> go to a news site and look through all its Twitter
> news band that is somehow embedded into its webpage.
> On this step I also open new tabs from the news band.
> 3. I return to gvim and try to save and close it using
> :wq command but it does not work any more as : sends
> focus to the "Copy to clipboard" icon.

It almost sounds to me like there's unusual keyboard mapping going on.
Do you use Vimperator, by chance? (I wouldn't think that would affect
anything outside Firefox, though.)

--
Eric Christopherson

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: