Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Re: I cannot realise a :map why ??

Le mercredi 29 juillet 2015 à 07:22, aubertin.sylvain a écrit:
> Le mardi 21 juillet 2015 10:02:15 UTC+2, aubertin.sylvain a écrit :
> > For instance I should like to make F9 stand for papa
> > Following VIM Manual (by Moolenaar) I type :
> > :map <F9> ipapa<Esc> (5 characters for <Esc> and 4 characters for <F5> )
> > But it doesn't work. Instead of « papa «  , it returns <F9>
> > Something is wrong, but where ?? Thanks for your reply.
>
> AT LAST I USED F9 WITH SUCCESS
> 1. I load my shell with « vim shellname »

That means you load a file named "shellname".

> 2 I see my shell. At the bottom (on the left side ) I find the name of my shelL Please What is the name of this mode ? On my text I can delete usimg x or dd. But F9 gives me nothing.

That sounds like normal mode.

> 3 I go to another mode whose name I ignore again. It is in two parts. Above I have the text of my shell and below I have a list which contains ancient commands

That sounds like the command-line window. Did you type "q:"?

> 4 I find my map command and enable it with a CR. List disappears.

Yeah, that's the command-line window.

> 5 I go back to my shell. THIS TIME WHEREVER I AM IT INSERT.S « papa » WITH SUCCESS
> I repeat I do that outside insert mode.
> So map works if it is freshly enabled. I think it is impossible to have a permanent :map

It depends on what you mean by "permanent". If you mean "from one Vim
instance to the next", well, yes that's impossible, but that's also
pretty much what a .vimrc file is used to: to store command you want
executed every time you open Vim.

Now I'm sorry if I'm a bit rude, but judging from your interventions
here I must ask: did you read the ... manual?

Best,
Paul

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: