Saturday, July 25, 2015

Re: There is a mistake in my « makefile »

On 2015-07-25, aubertin.sylvain wrote:
> Le vendredi 24 juillet 2015 07:59:40 UTC+2, aubertin.sylvain a écrit :
> > I am a beginner, in vim. Something is wrong in my makefile. At the end of my shell, when I type :make it works well. All my shell is compiled. But no trace of the object file, named essai.o
> > My source file is essai. Somewhere « make » or « /bin/bash » says to me : cyclic permutation is no correct. That is something I don't understand.
> > I should like to save my object file. Shall I use « sudo make install » or « sudo essai.o install » ? ?
> > For installing must I use commands put inside the makefile or am I forced to do that in second time, out of my makefile ? ? Here is my makefile :
> > # indiquer quel compilateur utiliser
> > #!/bin/bash
> > #makefile
> > all: essai.o
> > essai.o: essai
> > /bin/bash essai -o essai.o
> > My OS is : xubuntu 14.4.1 My vim version is 7.4. 52 My PC is hp Mini 110 1100
> > THANKS A LOT TO ALL MY REPLIERS
>
> I type make on the terminal , I type :make on vim, essai runs the
> same way. Is it norma ?I treid your vim -N -u NONE always
> the same results. The object file is somewhere on the RAM. Can I
> not tranfer it on my disk ? Isn't there some « install » to do ?

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. Somehow I got it in my
head that your make command worked from the shell but not from
within Vim. I think I also misunderstood what you meant by
"install". I think I understand now.

An object file is normally created on-disk, either in the current
working directory or in a sub-directory for object files. I don't
know of any build processes that leave an image of the object file
in RAM. Since you gave the object file a name, essai.o, I would
expect it to be written to the current working directory.

Since I don't know anything about what your essai script is doing,
it's hard to do more than guess about what happened to the object
file.

You wrote that your essai script runs fine, but that you see a
message about the cyclic permutation not being correct. Could it be
that there is an error in one of your files that is preventing the
essai.o file from being created?

Is your essai script short enough that you could post it?


If there is no difference between the behavior of your makefile when
run from the shell and when run from Vim, then this is not a Vim
issue and probably should not be discussed further on this list.
Unless anyone on this list objects, I think we should take this
discussion off the list and continue it by personal e-mail.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: