Friday, July 24, 2015

Re: There is a mistake in my « makefile »

On 2015-07-23, aubertin.sylvain wrote:
> I am a beginner, in vim. Something is wrong in my makefile. At the end of my shell, when I type :make it works well. All my shell is compiled. But no trace of the object file, named essai.o
> My source file is essai. Somewhere « make » or « /bin/bash » says to me : cyclic permutation is no correct. That is something I don't understand.
> I should like to save my object file. Shall I use « sudo make install » or « sudo essai.o install » ? ?
> For installing must I use commands put inside the makefile or am I forced to do that in second time, out of my makefile ? ? Here is my makefile :
> # indiquer quel compilateur utiliser
> #!/bin/bash
> #makefile
> all: essai.o
> essai.o: essai
> /bin/bash essai -o essai.o
> My OS is : xubuntu 14.4.1 My vim version is 7.4. 52 My PC is hp Mini 110 1100
> THANKS A LOT TO ALL MY REPLIERS

A makefile is just a set of rules that 'make' uses to determine
when and how to execute other programs. In your makefile, you
are telling 'make' that the target essai.o depends on the file
essai and that essai.o is created by executing

/bin/bash essai -o essai.o

What happens when you execute that command at the shell prompt?

Why do you think your makefile should contain the line
"#!/bin/bash"?

One does not install an object file, so it's not clear to me what
you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: