Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Re: Persistent undo and force quit

> On Jul 20, 2015 6:44 PM, "David Besen" <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I have persistent undo turned on.  I noticed this behavior:
> >
> > - If I edit a file, make a change and don't save it, execute :qall!, edit the file again, and try to redo, the change is gone.
> >
> > - If I edit a file, make a change, undo it, save the file (essentially making no change to the file on disk), quit, edit the file again, and try to redo, the change is made!  The undo tree was saved even though there was no change to the file.
>
> I would like to get vim to save the undo history even if I make an edit and then execute :qall!.  Is there any way to do that?

> Seems like a bug. But to work around it you could :wundo before :qall!

> Justin M. Keyes


I tried that and it didn't work.  First, :wundo needs a filename, so I gave it the name of the current undo file.  And then it didn't save the change I made and undid.

- Dave

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: