Friday, July 24, 2015

Re: There is a mistake in my « makefile »

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 12:59 AM, aubertin.sylvain
<aubertin.sylvain@sfr.fr> wrote:
> I am a beginner, in vim. Something is wrong in my makefile. At the end of my shell, when I type :make it works well. All my shell is compiled. But no trace of the object file, named essai.o
> My source file is essai. Somewhere « make » or « /bin/bash » says to me : cyclic permutation is no correct. That is something I don't understand.
> I should like to save my object file. Shall I use « sudo make install » or « sudo essai.o install » ? ?
> For installing must I use commands put inside the makefile or am I forced to do that in second time, out of my makefile ? ? Here is my makefile :
> # indiquer quel compilateur utiliser
> #!/bin/bash
> #makefile
> all: essai.o
> essai.o: essai
> /bin/bash essai -o essai.o
> My OS is : xubuntu 14.4.1 My vim version is 7.4. 52 My PC is hp Mini 110 1100
> THANKS A LOT TO ALL MY REPLIERS

I don't think this is Vim-related, but you can find out by just
executing make from the command line outside of Vim. Really there's no
way of knowing what the problem is without seeing the essai file. The
way your makefile is written, bash runs essai, and essai needs to
understand how to process `-o essai.o` itself.

I'm wondering if there's been a mixup; if you're using a makefile
anyway, I don't see a reason to have it call a shell script that
compiles something into a .o file.

--
Eric Christopherson

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: