Sunday, July 26, 2015

Re: There is a mistake in my « makefile »

On Jul 27, 2015 12:49 AM, "aubertin.sylvain" <aubertin.sylvain@sfr.fr> wrote:
>
> Le vendredi 24 juillet 2015 07:59:40 UTC+2, aubertin.sylvain a écrit :
> > I am a beginner, in vim. Something is wrong in my makefile. At the end of my shell, when I type  :make    it works well. All my shell is compiled. But no trace of the object file, named essai.o
> >    My source file is essai. Somewhere « make » or « /bin/bash »  says to me : cyclic permutation is no correct. That is something I don't understand.
> >   I should like to save my object file. Shall I use « sudo make install » or « sudo essai.o install » ? ?
> > For installing must I use commands put inside the makefile or am I forced to do that in second time, out of my makefile ? ?      Here is my makefile :
> > # indiquer quel compilateur utiliser
> > #!/bin/bash
> > #makefile
> > all: essai.o
> > essai.o: essai
> >       /bin/bash essai -o essai.o
> > My OS is : xubuntu 14.4.1 My vim version is 7.4. 52  My PC is hp Mini 110 1100
> > THANKS A LOT TO ALL MY REPLIERS
> I do all that in order to learn how it works. Compiling shells is good for the secrets. Please,if you know well makefiles, tell me if this one seems good to you. I'll try that once I installed my shell compiler.
> #makefile
> all: essai.o
> essai.o: essai
>         compiler essai essai.o
> MANY THANKS

The web page whose address you posted was clear about how to invoke shc. Please refer back to it, and then try the command in the shell (and by that I mean *not* inside of Vim or in a makefile) until you're comfortable with how it works.

Then see if you can apply that knowledge in a makefile. You have a good start already; but you might want to consult a makefile tutorial.

When you have it working so you can just type `make` on the command line, the :make command in Vim should also work. This really is all about general commands line/shell usage and not about Vim at all.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: