Monday, October 5, 2015

How can I enforce (perhaps in '.vimrc') all my Vim help pages to always open up as listed?

Hi,

How can I enforce all Vim help pages to be 'buflisted' so that when I open any help topic it always opens up in the buffer list as 'listed' and to be always visible in ':ls' listing?

I know how to list an unlisted buffer by applying the ':set buflisted'. This is not however the solution to me (for help pages), bec. when I jump to another help topic then the new help page is unlisted and if subsequently I jump to any other buffer the position in the last unlisted help page will be "lost" (bec. it is unlisted). Otherwise speaking, each time I open any topic in help pages I would have to type/execute manually ':set buflisted', which is too manual and would prefer to automate perhaps in my '~/.vimrc', but how?

I also realize that I could have used the ':ls!' to list all listed/unlisted buffers, but this again is not a solution, bec. my list of unlisted buffers is very long and it would be very tedious to look for anything in my ':ls!'. I would certainly want to only search in my ':ls' as it is much shorter.

So back to my original question: How can I enforce (perhaps in '.vimrc') all my Vim help pages to always open up as listed?

Thanks in advance.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: