Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Re: vim and touch typing

On 06/10 01:01, Filype Pereira wrote:
>Hi.
>
>I am new to vim. I know most of the motion and command stuff but I just don't use them enough.
>
>So, I started reading a vim book and didn't get very far, when I stopped at this line:
>
>> If you can't touch type, then go learn it and then come back to learn vim.
>
>I have not thought about it so much before, So that's what I am doing now.
>
>If you had to do the same, what do you recommend is the best way to learn how to touch type?

The way I learned it a long time ago is to use some tutoring-program
which taught it in the form of a game. I used that for a couple of hours
until I completed the "basic" stuff. It was far more entertaining then
the dull tutorial-programs for touch-typing, I could never complete.
Then I started to type long texts, I wanted to type anyways and put a
towel over my hands for a couple of them. After that I removed the
towel and since then I am touch-typing and never looked back.

Niels

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

No comments: