Saturday, April 18, 2020

Re: Error editing perl source file with filetype plugin indent on in my _vimrc

OK, I went back and tried all the other option combination. Then I went
into my archives and installed vims back to 7.3.46 and they all still
have the same problem. It has to be in my computer. The error says it
is starting from the inability to open a temporary file.

E484: Can't open file C:\Users\Knute Johnson\AppData\Local\Temp\VIo9084.tmp

What can cause this?

I installed 8.2.587 to another Windows computer and it works fine. The
problem is somewhere in my computer. If I had a way to reload Windows I
would but this version has been through several disk changes and there
is no recovery possible. I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy some media
and load it from scratch.

I think this is going to be impossible to find.

Thanks for looking.

--

Knute Johnson

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/a4ae8ff1-85a1-5dea-37b3-7b4197d71d28%40585ranch.com.

No comments: