Monday, April 27, 2020

Re: Help can anybody tell me my search string background color need to be change

On 2020-04-27, Kunal Chauhan wrote:
> Hi  tim,
>
> It is not working for me. 
> this is giving error "hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=yellow ctermfg=black guibg
> =yellow guifgi=black  " iillegal argument last one argument I corrected 
> but still it is not working no change on my vim editor.
>  1.I am using mobax term and under which I am using vim.
> 2. my vim background color is black and foreground text is white.
> 3. I search the text , then cursor come on text found and then press shift +* 
> but it did not highligh the whole word only first character is highlighted.

What is your 'hlsearch' setting?

:verbose set hlsearch?

It defaults to off but must be on for highlighting to be applied to
highlight the entire text of a search match. See

:help 'hlsearch'

HTH,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20200427151936.GD28061%40phoenix.

No comments: