Monday, April 27, 2020

Re: Help can anybody tell me my search string background color need to be change

On 2020-04-27, Kunal Chauhan wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 8:50 PM Gary Johnson wrote:
>
> On 2020-04-27, Kunal Chauhan wrote:
> > Hi  tim,
> >
> > It is not working for me. 
> > this is giving error "hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=yellow ctermfg=black
> guibg
> > =yellow guifgi=black  " iillegal argument last one argument I corrected 
> > but still it is not working no change on my vim editor.
> >  1.I am using mobax term and under which I am using vim.
> > 2. my vim background color is black and foreground text is white.
> > 3. I search the text , then cursor come on text found and then press
> shift +* 
> > but it did not highligh the whole word only first character is
> highlighted.
>
> What is your 'hlsearch' setting?
>
>     :verbose set hlsearch?
>
> It defaults to off but must be on for highlighting to be applied to
> highlight the entire text of a search match.  See
>
>     :help 'hlsearch'
>
> HTH,
> Gary

(I took the liberty of reformatting your post from top-posting to
bottom-posting style so that I could read it more easily.)

> 1. when I do :verbose set hlsearch  , it gives or highlight all
> the string with background to yellow and foreground white is all
> search strings.

The command I wrote included the question mark (?) at the end.

:verbose set hlsearch?

That command will tell you the current setting of 'hlsearch' and
where it was last set.

I don't understand why the foreground of your search highlighting is
white. The Search highlight setting that Tim gave you should have
set the foreground to black. It does for me.

> 2. help hlsearch // what to see in it ,i am not able to get points
> from help ?

I just added that for reference, so that you could read more about
the 'hlsearch' option if you wanted to.

I don't completely understand the problem. What do want to see when
you search and what are you seeing instead? Also, what are the
results of these commands:

:hi Search
:version

Regards,
Gary

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20200427175717.GE28061%40phoenix.

No comments: