Monday, April 27, 2020

Re: Help can anybody tell me my search string background color need to be change

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 3:15 PM Kunal Chauhan <atkunalchauhan@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi tim,
>
> It is not working for me.
> this is giving error "hi Search term=reverse ctermbg=yellow ctermfg=black guibg=yellow guifgi=black " iillegal argument last one argument I corrected
> but still it is not working no change on my vim editor.
> 1.I am using mobax term and under which I am using vim.
> 2. my vim background color is black and foreground text is white.
> 3. I search the text , then cursor come on text found and then press shift +* but it did not highligh the whole word only first character is highlighted.

There are two highlight settings which might be involved: one (Search)
for all matches for the latest pattern, and another one (IncSearch)
for the next match for the pattern you are typing between hitting / or
? and the corresponding <Enter>. To see how they are set on your Vim,
and where (if anywhere) those settings were defined, use

:verbose exe "hi Search" | hi IncSearch

When I do this after starting "vim -u DEFAULTS", the answer (in Vim 8.2.646) is

Search xxx term=reverse ctermbg=11 guibg=Yellow
IncSearch xxx term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse

With my usual vimrc and my homemade colorscheme the answer in gvim is

Search xxx term=reverse ctermfg=0 ctermbg=14 guibg=Yellow
Last set from ~/.vim/colors/almost-default.vim line 22
IncSearch xxx term=reverse cterm=reverse gui=reverse
Last set from ~/.vim/colors/almost-default.vim line 22

In both cases both search-related highlights are set the way I want them to be.

See also
:help :colorscheme
:view $VIMRUNTIME/colors/README.txt
:help :highlight (which is two long sections, numbered 13 and
14 in that helpfile)

Best regards,
Tony.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/CAJkCKXs-YdZr2xU5QvYGw5gFXHTFPrARk7rqEXQW_CNTxG5tfA%40mail.gmail.com.

No comments: