Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Re: Help can anybody tell me my search string background color need to be change

On 2020-04-28 18:22, Kunal Chauhan wrote:
> , I have tried just with : hi Search ctermbg=LightBlue" it works as
> initially I tried with verbose command
> but I have puted in my .vimrc it is only showing yellow background
> and white text as I search by "/text" in vim

I suspect your vimrc sets your colorscheme after you explicitly set

:hi Search …

That means that your setting gets overridden by your colorscheme.

This is why I recommended forking your favorite color-scheme into,
say, ~/.vim/colors/kunal.vim and then making the modifications there.
Then you can change your vimrc to have

colorscheme kunal

for whatever colors you prefer.

-tim


--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/20200428152937.21e82af1%40bigbox.attlocal.net.

No comments: