Saturday, April 18, 2020

Re: Error editing perl source file with filetype plugin indent on in my _vimrc

On 4/18/20 5:08 PM, Tom M wrote:
> On Saturday, April 18, 2020 at 10:00:24 PM UTC+2, Knute Johnson wrote:
> >
> > OK, I went back and tried all the other option combination.  Then I
> went
> > into my archives and installed vims back to 7.3.46 and they all still
> > have the same problem.  It has to be in my computer. The error says it
> > is starting from the inability to open a temporary file.
> >
> > E484: Can't open file C:\Users\Knute
> > Johnson\AppData\Local\Temp\VIo9084.tmp
> >
> > What can cause this?
> >
> > I installed 8.2.587 to another Windows computer and it works fine.  The
> > problem is somewhere in my computer.  If I had a way to reload
> Windows I
> > would but this version has been through several disk changes and there
> > is no recovery possible.  I'm afraid I'm going to have to buy some
> media
> > and load it from scratch.
> >
> > I think this is going to be impossible to find.
> >
> > Thanks for looking.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Knute Johnson
> >
>
> I would try editing a *.pl file under a different user account - an
> account that has no spaces. On the same system. Preferably with the
> same VIM installation. Or at least an identical VIM installation and
> config. So that we see whether the problems has something to do with
> the space in "C:\Users\Knute Johnson\AppData\Local\Temp".
>
> Tom
>

Thanks for the followup.  I would gladly comply if I hadn't completely
destroyed my Windows box trying to reinstall Windows. I had to load
Linux on this box so the problem is now moot.

--

Knute


--

Knute Johnson

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/d58aee8d-9c22-15fa-a27f-d074421da6d9%40585ranch.com.

No comments: