Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Re: VIM crash with YouCompleteMe plugin


On Wednesday, April 22, 2020 at 10:20:29 PM UTC+5:30, Marius Gedminas wrote:
Hm, I sent a reply to this but it never made it to the list.  A newer
reply in the same thread made it.  I've no idea what's going on, but I'm
going to try again.

Thanks for your response and others too.


On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 02:09:34AM -0700, BBV wrote:
> I am trying to setup vim such that I can use 'YouCompleteMe' plugin ().
>
> I have built the vim from source. If I comment out that plugin from vimrc, it
> works fine, but not when enabled. The vim invocation fails with following
> error:
>
> Vim: Caught deadly signal ABRT
> Vim: Finished.
>
> I did a recompile of Vim with following configure options to be able to get
> some more information:
> - CFLAGS=" -g -O0 -Wall -Wextra -Wshadow -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wunreachable-code -Wno-cast-function-type -Wno-deprecated-declarations
> -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=1"
> - INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=yes
>
> I have run Vim
> with gdb: [1]https://pastebin.com/ET5may5K

The gdb trace indicates the crash is happening during Python
interpreter initialization.  Can you rule you YCM by trying

   vim --clean +'py3 print("hi")'

and seeing if it crashes?
 
This also crashed.


Another thing you could try is export PYTHONFAULTHANDLER=1 before
running vim, then Python will print the Python-level traceback on SIGABRT.
It might or might not help figure out what's going on.


This didn't help. There wasn't any output at all. 

In my setup, I bulit vim myself, but not python. Perhaps, it is worth trying to build python also once. I will try that and see. As I understand, the option '--with-valgrind' is only useful to avoid certain warnings with valgrind, but doesn't really make my difference to what I am trying. Anyways, since I would be building python, I would still provide it.

- BBV
 
Marius Gedminas
--
If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.

--
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/vim_use/a7e50c18-b39a-45ef-82bf-5660a3b48eb1%40googlegroups.com.

No comments: