Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Re: FIXME syntax highlighting.

On Jan 26, 3:35 pm, Stroller <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:
> After searching for something, I typically type "/frhfurhfuhru" in  
> order to clear the search string, because I find the bright yellow  
> highlighting distracting.

It isn't an answer to your main problem, but you might find this
snippet
I have in my _vimrc file useful. It allows one to just press return
to clear the highlighting. Credit to Zdenek Sekera.

" Clears search highlighting by just hitting a return.
" The <BS> clears the command line.
" (From Zdenek Sekera on the vim list.)
" I added the final <cr> to restore the standard behaviour of
" <cr> to go to the next line
nnoremap <CR> :nohlsearch<CR>/<BS><CR>

regards,
Geoff

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: