Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Re: lookforward during filename completion

> Why exactly do you want this? Filename completion is for completing an
> incomplete file name. What do you want to happen in this case?

While I don't have satisfactory answer to the OP's question, I
often have reached for what I understand the OP wants...something
like

s = "/long/path/i/dont/want/to/retype/to/thisfile.txt"

and with the cursor in "myfile", I issue a

ciw

to change the filename without touching the path. This doesn't
touch the extension however which I may or may not want, but
doing filename completion with ^X^F adds in the extension making it

s = "/long/path/i/dont/want/to/retype/to/otherfile.txt.txt"

which is a bit annoying to have to clean up. So I can see where
the OP is coming from wanting this :)

So whether there's a good solution, now you at least have a
use-case to visualize the burr in the saddle.

-tim

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: