Thursday, April 29, 2010

Re: How to fix broken automatic indentation in vim

Gary Johnson-4 wrote:
>
> On 2010-04-28, Didlybom wrote:
> Didly,
>
> I fetched your example.vhd using wget to a machine running Linux.
> I then re-indented it using my standard configuration and saw the
> problem. Then I followed the procedure I used before,
>
> vim -N -u NONE
> :filetype plugin indent on
> :set sw=2
> gg=G
>
> and still saw the indenting problems.
>
> I had not looked at your example_indented.vhd file, so I did that
> just now. If I leave 'sw' at the default of 8 and re-indent your
> example.vhd, my result is identical to your example_indented.vhd.
>
>
> I neglected to mention this earlier, but the convention on this list
> is to put the text of one's reply at the bottom of the post rather
> than at the top. I appreciate that you do trim your replies,
> though.
>
> Regards,
> Gary
>
> --
> You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
>
>

Gary, thanks again for checking. This seems to confirm that the problem is
with the indenter logic in Vim. I have contacted the author of the VHDL
indent script and hopefully he'll be able to find the problem. If he does I
will post his answer in this thread.

Thanks for the heads up on the proper way to reply to messages on this lits.
I will do as you suggested from now on! :-)

Cheers,

Didly

--
View this message in context: http://old.nabble.com/How-to-fix-broken-automatic-indentation-in-vim-tp28379120p28397882.html
Sent from the Vim - General mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: