Friday, April 30, 2010

Re: vim wired usage issue that need help

On Friday 30 April 2010 10:13:26 am C. Jiang wrote:

> I am running Windows 7. In it I run a VMware (Fedora linux)
> where my projects files are. I mapped the projects folder in
> windows 7. The Vim is installed on windows 7 and I can use
> the mouse to point a file and right click mouse and in the
> popup menu, use 'Edit with Vim', 'Edit with existing vim -
> myopenedfile.txt'.
>
> The issue is:
>
> If i open just one file, or open files one by one, ':pwd' in
> vim will show me the correct path where the current file is;
>
> But if I highlight 2 or more files and right click and open
> them with 'open with a single vim', after I check ':pwd' in
> vim, it shows c:\windows\system32.
>
> Since my tags for the projects is in the top directory of the
> projects, vim won't find the tag file any more.

the simplest will be to

:set autochdir

in your _vimrc, although this setting has its detractors, and
some plugins misbehave with it set, or did in the past -- i edit
files all over the place and have come to rely on the fact that
no matter where i am, :pwd is always current to the file i am
editing

sc

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: