Friday, April 30, 2010

Re: Yank range ?

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:57 PM, stosss <stosss@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 10:46 PM, sc <toothpik@swbell.net> wrote:
>> On Friday 30 April 2010 9:17:57 pm stosss wrote:
>>
>>> I went to :he y and I see:
>>> :[range]y[ank] [x]    Yank [range] lines [into register x].
>>>
>>> so I do:
>>> :'y,'zy"c
>>>
>>> It did not give me an error, but when I type:
>>>
>>> "cP
>>>
>>> I don't get what I yanked.
>>>
>>> What I am doing wrong?
>>> What register is my yanked text in?
>>
>> i think it'll be in the un-named register (")
>
> Yes typing P dumped my text into the file.
>
>> i think what you wanted to do was
>>
>>    :'y,'zyc
>
> This produced the E492 error
>
> So how does range yank into a named register work?

Answering my own question.

This is the correct way:

:'y,'zy c

There has to be a space between yank and the register.

--
If we can but prevent the government from wasting the labours of the
people, under the pretence of taking care of them, they must become
happy. - Thomas Jefferson

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: