Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Re: How to fix broken automatic indentation in vim

On Apr 28, 4:38 am, Didlybom <didly...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the second system in which I tried this I downloaded the Vim 7.2
> installer fromwww.vim.org so I assume that it is as recent as it gets.
>

Not quite. This installer is a couple years old and has not been
updated with any of the patches and bugfixes that have occurred since
it was released.

For Windows, Steve Hall maintains a Vim installer with all the latest
patches and most recent official runtime files at the time of the
patch, available here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cream/

There are two different installers in this project, one for a "plain
Vim" which is basically equivalent to the installer on www.vim.org,
but with all the recent updates, and another for a "point-and-click"
configuration (which I tried recently after installing it for my
wife's use...it drives me nuts, but mostly just because I know that
Vim has so much more that it can do, not made readily available).

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: