Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Re: Windows 7 64bit - use 32bit or 64bit Vim?

David Fishburn 写道:
> I regularily build my on Vim using VS 2008.
>
> I have just been upgraded to Windows 7 64bit and am beginning to set it up.
>
> Seems you always have to choose if you want (or can use) the 32bit
> version of software or find a 64bit version.
>
> Now, since I build my own Vim, I guess I can get VS 2008 to build me a
> 64bit version of Vim.
> Here are my problems:
>


Almost all open-source softwares have no problem in 64bit. This is the
reason that almost all Linux software supports 64bit without any problem.

In windows things are a bit different, because close-source and
binary-distributed softwares are very popular in windows and you don't
get 64bit unless they deployed a 64bit version.

If you have all the source code for your python and perl modules it may
be easy to go everything 64-bit. Otherwise it may be easier to keep
32bit if you're using Windows.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: