Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Re: How to fix broken automatic indentation in vim

On 2010-04-28, Didlybom wrote:

> Gary,
>
> thanks for your effort in trying to help me find the problem. Did you try to
> format the file using your vim installation? I'd like to confirm that the
> problem really is not with my vim installation but with the plugin itself as
> you suspect. If the problem is with the plugin I will try to contact the
> author and hopefully he'll be able to help me.

Didly,

I fetched your example.vhd using wget to a machine running Linux.
I then re-indented it using my standard configuration and saw the
problem. Then I followed the procedure I used before,

vim -N -u NONE
:filetype plugin indent on
:set sw=2
gg=G

and still saw the indenting problems.

I had not looked at your example_indented.vhd file, so I did that
just now. If I leave 'sw' at the default of 8 and re-indent your
example.vhd, my result is identical to your example_indented.vhd.


I neglected to mention this earlier, but the convention on this list
is to put the text of one's reply at the bottom of the post rather
than at the top. I appreciate that you do trim your replies,
though.

Regards,
Gary

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: