Wednesday, April 28, 2010

RE: Mapping Shift-space: how to tell if its possible?

Britton Kerin wrote:
> I'd like to map shift-space <S-Space> to <PageDown> or something.
>
> After a lot of googling I find several mentions that some
> setups are st vim differentiates between <Space> and
> <S-Space> and some not.
> It seems not for me since :<C-v><S-Space> outputs only a space.
>
> I didn't find any mention what in the setup makes the difference?
> I'm using gvim not console.

In insert mode in gvim, press Ctrl-K then Shift-Space. On my
system, it shows <S-Space> indicating that it knows what the key
was.

Try entering this test:

:map <S-Space> :echo 'You pressed Shift-Space'<CR>

Then, in normal mode, press Shift-Space.

John

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: