Friday, October 29, 2010

Problem sourcing .vimrc file

I am on a Solaris 10 system using vim version 7.2.148.

I have my master vimrc file identified by the environment variable VIMINIT
and I also have a local .vimrc file in the current directory. When I begin
editing a file in this directory, the custom commands in the local .vimrc
file are read. However, if I edit the .vimrc file in another window and
then source the file from my editing session with:

:source .vimrc

the changes are not read! Now, I have been doing this for many years and it
always worked fine, so what is the problem now? I tried specifying:

:source ./.vimrc
:source <full_directory_path>/.vimrc

and neither of these worked. However, if I exit the editing session and
restart vim, then the changes are seen upon startup!

It appears as though the source command is not working. Is this a bug in
this version of vim? Is there a new "feature" that I need to properly set
that might be denying source from working? Is there a workaround for this?
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Regards,
--
Jeff

C. Jeffery Small
jeff@cjsa.com

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: