Thursday, October 28, 2010

Re: Deleting buffer and going to next

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 11:15:56AM +1100, John Beckett wrote:
> Martin Braun wrote:
> > I was wondering if there's a way to concoct a command to
> >
> > - Delete the current buffer and
> > - Move to the next
> >
> > without destroying my split layout.
>
> If you use ':set hidden', and you do not actually need to delete
> the current buffer (just close its window), you could use:
>
> http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Deleting_a_buffer_without_closing_the_window

Hi John,

thanks a lot--that was what I needed and I can't believe I missed it my
search.

Cheers,
MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)

Dipl.-Ing. Martin Braun
Research Associate

Kaiserstraße 12
Building 05.01
76131 Karlsruhe

Phone: +49 721 608-3790
Fax: +49 721 608-6071
www.cel.kit.edu

KIT -- University of the State of Baden-Württemberg and
National Laboratory of the Helmholtz Association

No comments: