Saturday, October 30, 2010

Re: vim - save password while editing remote files using scp

Aman Jain wrote:
> I'm trying to edit remote files using gvim in this manner:
>
> $ gvim scp://username@server.edu//home/username/new.txt
> But everytime I do a save, I have to enter password.
> I looked up on the internet to see if there's a way by which vim
> remembers remote
> passwords.
>
> So I found that creating a file called ~/.netrc does this for ftp
> transfer (http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/
> Editing_remote_files_via_scp_in_vim)
>
> I've also changed the permission of the file to 600, but still I'm
> being prompted for passwd.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
>
.netrc is for ftp; ssh/scp pays no attention to it.

In reading :help netrw-password , you'll find a reference to reading
:help netrw-ssh-hack . You may find it helpful.

Regards,
Chip Campbell

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: