Saturday, October 30, 2010

Re: Coloring a line by keystroke: TODO file in vim

On Oct 14, 10:18 am, Stahlman Family <brettstahl...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> Christian Brabandt wrote:
> > Hi Rahul!
>
> > On Mi, 13 Okt 2010, Rahul wrote:
>
> >> I maintain a simple Todo file using vim. Each line has a task.
> >> Sometimes for an important task it would be nice if I had a keystroke
> >> that would make the whole line (or visually selected set of lines) a
> >> particular color, say "Red".
>
> >> Is there a way of setting this up? I've colored before but it is via a
> >> Syntax File looking for keywords. That might also work in this case
> >> but I was wondering if people have a way to dot this.
>
> > I have never used it, but this sounds like you want the txtfmt plugin.
> >http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2208

Very cool! I was using a much simpler method for my TODO files:

nmap <A-v> :2match IncSearch /.*\%'<\_.*\%'>.*/<CR>

Select line(s) using visual mode then Alt-V once finished to highlight
the lines. Txtfmt sounds way better though!

-Gareth

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: