Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Re: netrw v125: Texplore does not start browsing from current file's directory

Gianluca Ciccarelli wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've been using the netrw plugin for a while with great satisfaction.
> Recently, however, when I type ":Texplore" I get a new tab opened with
> the list of files, but instead of starting from the directory of the
> file opened at the moment of the command being launched, it starts
> from the current directory (the one echoed by ":pwd").
>
> I've tried to look among the g:netrw_* variables, but without luck.
>
> I'd be grateful for any suggestion.
>
>
Hello,

The g:netrw_keepdir option is, by default (so it can have the same
behavior as the old 6.3 explorer), 1. This means that vim's idea of the
working directory does not follow netrw's current directory.

If you put :let g:netrw_keepdir= 0 in your .vimrc, the pwd will follow
netrw's directory. I know this isn't exactly the same problem as you
mentioned above, but it will mean that :Texplore will open where you
expect. I think that Texplore should follow netrw's directory anyway,
so I'll try to change it so that it opens a tab in the same directory.

Regards,
Chip Campbell
'

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: