Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Re: Toggle off "end-id" type of abbreviation in Vim (insert mode)

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 12:36 AM, Scott Steele <scottlsteele@gmail.com> wrote:
> Because of how the "end-id" type of abbreviation is defined, this
> problem doesn't exist for two-letter abbreviations, and I can still
> use them (e.g. aa for always, bc for because). The single letter
> abbreviations offer some of the greatest advantage in typing speed,
> though, since many frequently used words are very short. (And I think
> it would slow my typing down if I had to be constantly going back and
> correcting whenever I noticed that I had preceded a single-letter
> abbreviation with punctuation.) And I think I could get by without
> having to use any end-id abbreviations.

Since there are limited number of single-letter abbreviations, maybe you
can have work-around similar to the following for those problematic cases:

ia ``T ``The

nazri

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: