Sunday, October 31, 2010

Re: A new style of c++ code indenting

Thanks for pointing on tabular!

I've been a long-time user of Align. It works well, and is powerful
and flexible. But it injects dozens and dozens of key mappings into
your key map space. Most of which I do not use, and even more that I
can never remember. And many of which, in some way, interfere with
existing key maps that I *do* use, not so much by overriding them as
much as by forcing me to wait for the timeout due to common prefixes.
I have always found that very annoying.

I just tried tabular. It is just as powerful, just as flexible, ...
but with such a clean, lightweight and intuitive interface! It stays
out of your way till you need it, and when you need it, it is a simple
command and reg-ex away. No muss, no fuss: it "just works". Within
minutes I was using it as if I had been using it for years. I highly
recommend it!

On Oct 31, 8:21 am, Javier Rojas <jeroja...@devnull.li> wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 05:36:41PM +0800, Aaron Lewis wrote:
> > Hi,
> >    For different types of variables in c++ , i would prefer such indentings:
>
> >    const QString           mystr;
> >    const QSystemTrayIcon   *icon;
>
> There are 2 plugins for doing this:
>
> DrChip's Align:http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=294
>
> godlygeek's tabular:http://github.com/godlygeek/tabular
>
> Most of the people at #vim prefer godlygeek's. I haven't used any of
> them, so I can't say anything about them.
>
> --
> Javier Rojas
>
> GPG Key ID: 0x24E00D68
>
>  signature.asc
> < 1KViewDownload

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: