Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Re: Determining if Vim is running in text-console mode or X Windows

On 02/01/11 21:07, Karthick Gururaj wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 3:30 PM, Christian Brabandt<cblists@256bit.org> wrote:
> [snip]
>
>> So you basically distinguish it by inspecting your $TERM variable. First
>> determine in both situations what your $TERM is set to, then put something
>> like this in your .vimrc
> Ah, I mis-read the post. Clearer now :)
>
Thanks for your help. unfortunately, none of these suggestions work.

If I had some way of changing $TERM from cons25 to xterm-256color when
Xorg starts up, that would work.
I tried putting export TERM="xterm-256color" in my .xinitrc file but it
doesn't change.
I also tried exporting it from Window Maker's
~/GNUstep/Library/WindowMaker/autostart file but that didn't work either.

I can't get it to change from cons25


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: