Monday, February 21, 2011

Re: mapping F3 to map q ^B

>>> I suspect my problem is that I'm trying to do a mapping with a map command
>>> (something akin to trying to print a double quote inside of a
>>> double-quoted
>>> string).
>>
>> Yes, that's pretty much it. In order to make a ^B actually appear on the
>> commandline while you're typing, you need to type ^V before it. So you
>> need
>>
>> map #3 ^[:map q ^V^B^M
>
> I'm afraid that didn't work either. I need something analogous to the "eval"
> keyword in Perl.

What message do you get?

Also, why do you have the <Esc> / ^[ in there at all?

I think there might be something we're miscommunicating.

I do believe the one above is right now, given what I know (the #3 is
strange, but if it works for you, that's cool; must be how your terminal
works).

Perhaps try using <> notation, which is less error-prone:

map #3 <Esc>:map q <lt>C-b><CR>

Just type the right hand part exactly as is, i.e. those < and > should
be in there as normal < and > characters. Note that there is no < before
the C.

Ben.

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: