> On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 05:21, Chris Jones<cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I took a file to the F, J, 4, 8, F4, and F8 keys on the keyboard to
>>> help find them faster.
>>
>> Interesting.. But shouldn't it be 4& 7 rather than 4& 8..?
>>
>
> No, it might be personal preference but I like my right index finger
> on the 8. Furthermore, this keyboard happens to have the 6 on the
> left-side of the split, so if I were to rest the index finger on the 7
> it would be at the edge.
>
>
>>> Then I painted the whole keyboard black!
>>
>> Like so..?
>>
>> http://www.daskeyboard.com/model-s-ultimate/
>>
>
> Yes, quite like that. That keyboard is where I also got the idea to
> cut the rubber domes in a staggered fashion so that the pinkies
> encounter less resistance then the index fingers.
>
>
>>> Although painting may be a bit extreme, I do recommend filing a notch
>>> into the aforementioned keys. Years later and it still saves me
>>> precious seconds tens of times per day.
>>>
>>> If you really want to go wild on the keyboard, you can cut the silicon
>>> domes inside to make the keys easier to press.
>>
>> No sure about that.. I usually find keyboards way too soft out of the
>> box..
>>
>
> No! I've yet to find one soft enough!
>
>
>>> That is the third thing that I do to any new keyboard now (while the
>>> paint on the key caps is drying, after filing notches).
>>>
>>> Keyboard pictures upon request.
>>
>> I for one would be interested.
>>
>
> I cc'ed you so that if the list strips attachments, at least you
> should get it. Some other interesting things on this keyboard are the
> silicon cushions for the palms, the tiny Enter key (purloined from the
> Scroll Lock key) so that it won't bind when pressed off-center, the
> notches filed into the top of the board to find the volume and
> Cut/Copy/Paste keys (xmodmap), and some channels carved into the
> plastic to assist in finding some other keys (the slanted one near
> Delete is obvious in the photo). Of course, the silicon domes inside
> have all been sliced to reduce the pressure needed to compress them,
> and the keyboard sits on a reverse tilt.
>
> My current mod is to put the Ctrl, Alt, and Shift keys on the floor.
> I'm using spring-back light switches (like those in stairwells)
> mounted in a wooden board, but the tricky part is to connect the wires
> to the inside of the keyboard. There is no place to solder them, so I
> put a staple through the plastic circuit matrix membrane, use silver
> paint to connect the staple to the matrix, and then solder the wires
> to the staple. I've got the Control key working but it's buggy, I want
> to perfect it before going for Shift and Alt.
>
> The rest of the house (and the computers, and the car, and the mobile
> phone, and even the kids!) suffers from the same mods. There is
> nothing conventional here!
>
>
Did you ever try ibm "clicky" m-model?
-rainyday
--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
No comments:
Post a Comment