Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Python, folding, ftplugin directories

Hi,

Basic Vim user here trying to expand my skill and local functionality...

I'm editing python files, and want to enable folding. Found the
script here to help me with that:
http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1494

I put this file at:
~/.vim/ftplugin/python_editing.vim

But I can't seem to use the functionality to make folding work (I
tried folding definitions with the 'F' key in normal mode, nothing
happened).

Here is a dump of issuing the command:
:verbose set runtimepath?

result is:
runtimepath=~/.vim,/usr/share/vim/current/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/current,/usr/share/vim/current/vimfiles/after,~/.vim/after

I think this is telling me it should be in a path that should pick up
the script, but it isn't... but I must not be right. Any help
troubleshooting this would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Matt

--
Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise men of old. Seek
what they sought.

- Matsuo Munefusa ("Basho")

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: