Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Re: Manu missing: Ubuntu 11.04

On Aug 2, 9:11 pm, John Little <john.b.lit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I suspect it's a Unity thing, but my attempts to find out anything
> about Unity have failed so far.

Yes, it's a Unity thing. (I use KDE myself.) See

http://askubuntu.com/questions/6784/is-it-possible-to-make-indicator-appmenu-ignore-a-specific-application

for some workarounds. For example, if I type in a terminal

UBUNTU_MENUPROXY= gvim

(note the exact placement of the space) gvim starts with the menu (or
not if you've got no m in guioptions, as I normally do; I have an
option in the pop up menu to toggle it).

My brief experience with Unity today has not encouraged me to try it
further. I find it very like the early days of KDE 4; lots of
controls are missing.

I suspect that there aren't many Unity users lurking here in vim_use.

Regards, John

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: