Monday, August 1, 2011

Re: sh vs bash syntax coloring

Reply to message «Re: sh vs bash syntax coloring»,
sent 18:28:38 01 August 2011, Monday
by Leiking:

> zsh.
?

Original message:
> zsh.
>
> 2011/8/1 <ranousse@gmx.com>:
> >> You can put this option somewher in ~/.zshenv. Or, better, use zsh
> >> syntax for it:
> >> !action=(xpdf -option) ; ... ; $action file
> >> !action="xpdf -option" ; ... ; ${(z)action} file
> >> !action="xpdf -option" ; ... ; $=action file
> >> in last case it is just one more character to type, in the first case
> >> you should type exactly the same number of characters, but two of them
> >> are different. These methods are not the same under all circumstances,
> >> but are the same here. I actually hate using bash for scripting: how do
> >> you like using command "${array[@]}"
> >> where in zsh you type just
> >> command $array
> >> . You have to also turn your mind on remembering that you must use
> >> quotes around any parameter if you want it to come in one piece and
> >> unmodified.
> >>
> >> I would likely choose zsh, perl, python for scripting but not bash.
> >
> > Ok thank you. I think this will be sufficient for my need.
> > Actually I didn't say bash was better than zsh, but I learnt sh syntax
> > first (not even bash, so no array at all it seems) and I don't know zsh
> > one. I only write small scripts ;-)
> > But I'm sure you're right.
> >
> > --
> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: