Thursday, August 4, 2011

Re: website going down

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Charles Campbell
> <Charles.E.Campbell@nasa.gov <mailto:Charles.E.Campbell@nasa.gov>> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> It looks like my website will be going down on August 20, courtesy
> of verizon's making things difficult.
>
>
> what's that about?

Verizon wants all site updates/definitions to go through their web
interface. I believe that they're planning on removing all site
contents and requiring sites to be "renewed". My site is "simple" html;
it makes it easy for my updating scripts to do things such as keep
version numbers and last-changed-dates correct and up-to-date; plus the
scripts update the "Latest 10 updates" list. I haven't even gone to CSS
because of various constraints verizon has had heretofore.
>
>
> I'm trying to find another host somewhere; I've tried 0sites, for
> example, but for whatever reason it won't display images. This
> makes screenshots difficult, for example.
> To see it the top level page there, you may try
> http://drchip.0sites.net/astronaut/index.html. So, there may be a
> hiatus until I get a site that works.
>
>
> I could host u if u want. Let me know.

I may; thanks!
Chip


--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: