Friday, August 5, 2011

Re: website going down

On Aug 4, 4:35 pm, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@nasa.gov>
wrote:
> Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
> > On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 3:33 AM, Charles Campbell
> > <Charles.E.Campb...@nasa.gov <mailto:Charles.E.Campb...@nasa.gov>> wrote:
>
> >     Hello,
>
> >     It looks like my website will be going down on August 20, courtesy
> >     of verizon's making things difficult.
>
> > what's that about?
>
> Verizon wants all site updates/definitions to go through their web
> interface.  I believe that they're planning on removing all site
> contents and requiring sites to be "renewed".  My site is "simple" html;
> it makes it easy for my updating scripts to do things such as keep
> version numbers and last-changed-dates correct and up-to-date; plus the
> scripts update the "Latest 10 updates" list.  I haven't even gone to CSS
> because of various constraints verizon has had heretofore.
>
>
>
> >     I'm trying to find another host somewhere; I've tried 0sites, for
> >     example, but for whatever reason it won't display images.  This
> >     makes screenshots difficult, for example.
> >     To see it the top level page there, you may try
> >    http://drchip.0sites.net/astronaut/index.html.  So, there may be a
> >     hiatus until I get a site that works.
>
> > I could host u if u want. Let me know.
>
> I may; thanks!
> Chip

GitHub provides convenient website hosting,
see http://pages.github.com/

--
You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

No comments: